The safety of our members, staff and partners as always is our top priority. We wanted to assure you that we are following guidelines set out by the government, PHE (Public Health England) and UKactive, our governing body.
The latest advice is that anybody who develops a continuous new cough or high temperature should stay at home for 7 days. If you are experiencing these new symptoms, please do not visit 3-1-5 until you’re able.
Our cleaning teams are continually maintaining the highest possible levels of hygiene across all of our clubs. As well as their day to day routine, the teams have increased the frequency of our deep cleaning schedule.
Far from wanting to sound like a broken record, we feel it is imperative that we keep our communication levels high at this worrying time. Therefore please take a couple of minutes to read the below information, advice and guidance.
We would kindly ask for your support by following the steps below if you are visiting the club:
- Keep your hands as clean as possible, washing regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water. When this is not possible, please use the hand sanitizer gels situated around the club.
- When you have finished using a piece of fitness equipment, please use the anti-bacterial sprays and wipes again situated around the club.
- If you cough or sneeze, ideally into your elbow, please use a tissue and dispose of it then wash your hands straight away as above or use hand santizer.
- If you have recently returned from abroad, please follow the latest government return traveller advice.
Further measures we have instated with immediate effect:
- ALL class capacity has been halved to support social distancing.
- Class times have been reduced to 50 minutes to allow pre and post workout cleaning of equipment.
- We are open 6am -10pm Monday to Friday and ask people to avoid peak time use 6am-7.30am, 9am -11.30am, 5pm – 7pm. Where possible use the club in quieter times of the day when we are less crowded. Weekends are also less busy during our 8am to 8pm opening times.
Try and keep moving:
- Some populations, such as those at higher risk for complications from COVID-19, have been advised by health authorities to take extra precautions. This may mean staying at home. However for most people, sticking to their gym routine is still a good idea. Going to the gym—or just exercising in general—is good for the immune system, can lower stress at a time where everyone is a little… stressed. It can also provide a much-needed dose of social support and camaraderie (from a safe distance of one meter or three feet away, if need be).
This article highlights four reasons—backed up by evidence—that going to the gym is beneficial, including:
- physical activity and exercise can help boost immune function,
- exercise lowers stress,
- physical activity is good for metabolic health, and
- gyms are clean, and pose no unique risk.
We would like to take a moment to give a shout out to all of our Instructors, Cleaners, aquatics staff and Front of House teams, who have been working tirelessly on the front line as the situation has evolved.
We thank you – the 3-1-5 team