Fat Bombs 6 – 10
A week or so ago we gave you the first ‘FAT BOMB’s from Ellington Dardens best seller, ‘The body Fat Breakthrough’.
Folllowing on from that here we take you through Fat Bomb’s 6 – 10 which offer some fantastic advice, guidance and education to help you battle the bulge and get the lean, toned body you’ve always wanted.
Lets get started!
Fat bomb #6: After-Dinner Walking
How an evening stroll on a full belly can help increase calorie burn.
- Have your evening meal
- Begin your walk within 15 minutes after you finish eating
- Walk at a leisurely pace for 30 minutes-not 29 nor 31, but exactly 30 minutes. A leisurely distance should cover 1½ miles.
- Carry your water with you. Sip 16 ounzes of cold water as you walk.
- Wear well cushioned running or walking shoes.
- Dress in comfortable, lightweight clothing.
- Do the above for 42 consecutive days.
A 220 pound individual performing the routine for a single day would require 244 calories. Doing the routine every day for 6 weeks, or 42 days, would burn 10,248 calories – almost 3 pounds of fat.
Spread that amount over a year, and it adds up to more than 25 pounds of fat lost during a fun and relaxing activity that’ll do as much for your mind as it will for your body.
Fat bomb #7: Extra Sleep
To build more calorie-burning muscle, hit the sack earlier and sleep soundly.
- Hit the sack on a regular schedule. Sleep experts says one of the best strategies is maintaining a regular sleep and wake schedule. That goes for weekends too. Staying up later and sleeping in on weekends, your circadian rhythms can affect and reduce the quality of your sleep.
- Watch out for hidden caffeine. Maybe you avoid the after-dinner espresso, but did you know that cola, chocolate, and even some protein bars contain enough caffeine to activate stress hormones and interfere with sleep, even if you have them in the afternoon?
- Stay cool. Keeping your room between 12°C and 24°C makes it easier for your core temperature to drop, which is necessary for you to fall asleep.
- Read a book. This old school insomniac’s cure really works. The repetition of reading lines tires your eyes and helps your brain relax. But avoid reading on a computer. The light from electric devices suppresses melatonin, the hormone responsible for regulating sleep. Avoid TV, too. The artificial light given off can also be interpreted by your brain as daylight, which prevents the release of the sleep-inducing chemical.
Below is a list of physical stressors that can cause your body to hold onto fat.
- A very low-calorie diet: Under 1,200 calories a day for men and 1,000 calories a day for women.
- Not enough dietary fat: Less than 30 grams a day for men and 20 grams a day for women.
- Too much negative training (X-Force): Longer than 45 minutes per workout or more frequently than twice a week.
- Not enough sleep: Less than 6 hours per night.
- Dehydration: A loss of 1 per cent of the body’s water can cause alarm.
- Excessive heat: High levels of environmental heat can reduce the body’s efficiency.
- Accumulate problems: Business and relationship conflicts can have negative effects.
- Sickness, drugs, or extreme behaviours: Almost anything out of the ordinary can send alarm signals to the body.
Fat bomb #8: Social Network Connection
Little tips for losing weight that really add up, plus the benefit of group support.
Studies show that people who have a strong social network to provide emotional support for their weight-loss effort will lose more pounds than those who try to go it alone.
Here are a few tips to try out.
Rebuild Your Food Environment
At home, in the office, in your car, rebuild space to help you avoid temptation. Make the easiest choices healthy choices. For example, keep raw vegetables up front and easy to see in the fridge. Move the ice cream to the back of the freezer or to the chest freezer in the garage. Don’t buy cookies, sweets and soft drinks. If it’s not in your house, you can’t eat it.
Fill Up On Fibre
Although fibre is not a nutrient, it can be helpful in fat loss. Think of fibre as a broom. It’s bulk helps sweep the intestines, aiding both digestion and elimination.
The recommended daily fibre intake for adults is 21 to 38 grams, most adults don’t meet that number. You’ll get more fibre by emphasising whole wheat breads, whole grain cereals, vegetables and fruits.
Practice Good Posture
The act of standing tall burns more calories than does slouching. And standing tall even makes you look leaner. Imagine being gently tugged upward by a string. In other words, try to keep the top of your head toward the ceiling. This applies as well to sitting, standing and walking.
Brush Your Teeth Often
Next time you get the munchies, just try brushing your teeth. It’s harder to eat with a clean minty taste in your mouth. This is especially true if you crave something sweet and you brush with a tingly toothpaste. The taste will temporarily cause anything sweet to taste bitter. Be sure to rinse well and have some sips of cold water, as well.
Cut Back On Evening TV
Watching television can hypnotise you to the point where you snack and don’t realise how much you’ve eaten. Studies show that people consume more calories from snack foods when they watch television. Make it a personal rule never to eat mindlessly while watching TV. Getting outside for a walk, and going to bed an hour earlier will help you break the evening TV habit.
Team Up With A Friend
You’ll likely get better fat-loss and muscle-gain results if you follow the programme with a friend. If you work out with a partner, you are less likely to blow off an exercise session.
If you blow your eating plan one meal, get back on track the next. Everyone loses a battle occasionally. Your job is to win the war. And you do that, one meal, one day, and one week at a time.
A leaner and stronger body automatically makes your more assertive. Practice saying no when people offer you certain foods. Practice saying yes to things that are beneficial to your health. Soon you’ll be in complete control of your life.
Practice saying NO 50 times. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Keep on saying no to calorically dense foods, to sugary drinks, your kids pleading for sweets or your friend offering you chocolate cake. The more you practice saying no, the easier it will be to say no and the greater self control you will develop.
No one ever lost a significant amount of fat without saying no. Saying no too often will get your fat off even faster.
Fat bomb #9: Realistic Evaluations
Check your progress and boost your motivation to keep going strong.
Gender and height play important roles in fat loss. On similar eating and exercising plans, men lose significantly more fat than women do. The main reason is that men, compared to women, have more muscle mass and consequently, higher metabolisms.
Taller participants also have an advantage over shorter ones because they have more skin available to the environment, which allows for greater heat/calorie/fat transfer.
If you are a shorter, overweight female, do not get discouraged. The same principles that work so well for taller men and women will still work for you. It will simply take more time for you to reach your goal.
So if you weigh less than 250 pounds and have more than 30 pounds of fat to eliminate, there’s a high probability that it’s going to require longer than 6 weeks. If you’re in this category, here’s what to do.
Make Another Commitment
Some individuals require three or four times, 18 to 24 weeks, before they reach their satisfaction level. Simply turn the week-by-week dieting, exercising, and other practices into week-by-week steps that move you closer and closer toward your goal.
Take A Week Off
You may think I’m contradicting myself if I tell you to take a week off after I just asked you to make a commitment to further dieting and exercising. Most people who complete the course felt that a week off renewed their enthusiasm.
Be careful not to stuff yourself with food. Simply eat approximately 400 more calories per day than you were eating during weeks 5 and 6 or approximately 1,800 calories a day for a man and 1,600 calories a day for a woman. Keep drinking water: 1 gallon a day.
After a week off, you’ll be eager to repeat the programme.
Continue Your X-Force Training
You should continue with the routine of 10 or more exercises once a week until you lose your excess fat. Do not do less than 10 exercises.
Your negative-accentuated goal is to double your strength in all your basic exercises. Your other practices such as walking, superhydration, and extra sleeping should remain unchanged.
- Concentrate On Intelligent Action
- Patience is truly a virtue when it comes to losing those last few pounds.
- Hang in there. Those fat cells can shrink. It does take time, however.
- Be patient and take 1 day at a time.
Fat bomb #10: Overlearning
How to hang tough and stay lean for the rest of your life.
You have a new you to take care of now. Your biggest obstacle, especially in the early days, is not relapsing into your old body.
There’s a rule that will help you with your long-term-fat-loss management.
Overlearning means practice that you do after you’ve already achieved a certain level of success. In other words, you’re successful if, for example, you can throw a basketball into a net with your nondominant arm. You’ve already learned how to sink a basketball, but by overleaning through extended practice, you are able to do it consistently even though the challenge is more difficult.
As it relates to fat loss, overlearning involves the practice of certain behaviours again and again, until they are so ingrained that almost nothing can disturb them.
So here’s a reminder, back to the beginning. Stay consistent by overlearning the 10 fat bombs.
- Negative Training (X-Force)
- A Cold Burn
- Carb-Rich Meals
- Descending Calories
- After-Dinner Walking
- Extra Sleep
- Social Connections
- Realistic Evaluations
Our Summer Fit offer at 3-1-5 can help you overcome all your Fat loss battles and includes 8 weeks in the Academy. The Academy is driven on the X-Force Training concept and has helped hundreds of people lose body fat and get the lean, toned body they dream about. Results driven, guidance and support is what the Academy is all about.
Check out the offer here for more information.