Following the increase in concerns around Coronavirus (Covid-19) we wanted to reassure you that in these uncertain times that we are doing everything we can to help you stay fit and healthy.
So that you know, we are closely monitoring information provided by The World Health Organization https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019. At this moment in time, there is no reason to avoid gyms, nor fear remaining active in the club.
We are fully aware that this circumstance may indeed change.
That said, there are a few things that we can do together to make sure that we all minimise the further spread of the virus and to keep active and healthy.
Wash your hands with the facilities provided BEFORE & AFTER your gym workout or class.
- If you feel unwell, or if you have travelled to a high-risk area in the past two weeks, then please do not come into the club. In this instance please follow your local government advice.
- Please bring a towel to place on machines and mats to limit contact for other users and your own water bottle.
- Utilise cleaning sprays, and clean tissue to wipe down machines and equipment after each use.
- Please refrain from `high fives’, shaking hands or hugging other members.
- Use tissues to catch coughs and sneezes and then wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
What we are doing.
Increased cleaning of commonly touched areas, such as door handles, toilets, rails, card readers etc.
- Providing hand sanitizer, equipment cleanser and tissues.
- Staying in touch with members through direct communication, facebook and website. You are not alone.
Working out at home – Fitsense and Les Mills
Did you know that in your member app FitSense you can create your own workouts to do either at home or in the club?
- Go to ‘my workout’ button then select your favourites from over 260 different exercises. You can then save them & name your workout accordingly.
- You can choose the length of time for each move or number of repetitions you want to do & the app will help you count down. Not sure on what an exercise is, then click on the exercise to see a demo video.
- Check out our ‘How to video’ HERE on Facebook to see how you can access these home work-outs
- With 3-1-5 & FitSense there’s always a way to train.
- Additionally, our partners Les Mills have offered several at home work-outs for our members, just follow this link to subscribe. https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts
MYZONE – Activity monitoring aiming to help people feel good about exercise.
Myzone is an innovative wearable heart rate based system that uses wireless and cloud technology to accurately and conveniently monitor physical activity.
- Myzone delivers a fully connected solution for anyone who wants an accurate (equiv. to an EKG at 99.4%), gamified and motivating wearable experience.
- Myzone monitors heart rate, calories and time exercising that convert into Myzone Effort Points (MEPs), with a focus on rewarding effort rather than fitness.
- As you already know, Myzone provides some excellent tools such as MZ-Chat, Zone Match and Club Challenges to help you stay connected with your fellow members, wherever you choose to train.